...

...
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." G R R Martin

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello Blog-osphere!

So where do I begin?! I went back & forth trying to figure out what my first blog & just overall what my blog should even be about. 


  • First there was: "should it be about makeup?!" No as much as I do love my beauty products & enjoy doing my beauty vlogging on my Youtube channel (you can click on my Logo up top & subscribe by the way. shameless plug?! heck yes!) :)



  • Then there was:"should it be about my second love fashion?!" as much as I am follower & love of all things fashion no I don't think so. I really want something that will make my blog different. There are plenty of fashion blogs out there!



  • There was also:"should it be on my books?!" no I'm not an author however I have an immense love for my books. See we have an understanding. They tell me their stories & I simply take those stories in and cherish them. I am a part of that Harry Potter generation & I have a very special place in my heart for those books & honestly every other book i have read since then. They are truly my escape! But still I didn't want it to be on just my books because again there are plenty of book blogs out there. Don't believe me?! google it! I actually read a good bit of them myself! :) 


Then it hit me. My blog will be about all of those things & more. Since my blog will be about me & all things I LOVE then it will be different because indeed we are all different. I'm not sure if this will be a popular blog or if anyone will even read this. But I do hope that for whatever audience I am attracting here that y'all enjoy this! 

So since you are here reading this I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Sherley & I am 27 years old. I am a wife to Paul & mother to 2 kids... My daughter Angelina is 5 years old & my son William is 3 years old. My husband is military which makes me an Army Wife which I'm proud of but sometimes don't wish to be defaulted into just that category. I am more then just that. I am originally from this little island that you may have heard of called Puerto Rico. My mother is Puerto Rican & my father is Dominican. Mix those 2 ingredients together and I guess you can say you get ME! My father joined the military when I was young so we moved from that tiny island to the US. We were stationed in Ft. Benning GA and although I have moved around a good bit my husband & I last resided in Alabama. I am hispanic but southern raised. I do have a southern twang which I personally don't notice. I am now in the Northern most state. I am a stay at home mom & as much as I miss working I can say that I have also enjoyed staying home with my kids. 

I recently started my own Youtube Beauty channel. I have really enjoyed doing my "how to" videos. I used to free-lance back home but when a lot of my clients found out I was leaving they all asked if I could start a channel. I pondered for a long time because I didn't think I would be good at it. I am still not great but I can feel the progress in my videos. But I want my channel to be about a lot of things besides beauty. Like books & fashion & just life! I want women to feel like putting on makeup is not about hiding but accentuating the features you love most about themselves!
I am actually about to film another quick little tutorial & another video on Top Spring Drugstore Blushes & High end blushes  

Anyways enough about that...

This is probably getting extremely LONG so I will end this with just a few books that I am reading this month. I am reading An Abundance of Katherines by the genius author John Green & after I'm finished with that I will be re-reading The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. 
*just doing a little thing called "johning" while reading An Abundance of Katherines

Yes you heard that right re-reading... the last & final book to that series is coming out on the 27th of this month so why not read the book prior to the finale to refresh my memory specially since its been close to a year since i last read it. 

If I don't get to post before May 11th then HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you mommy's out there! hope you know how amazing & great you are & thank you for all you do! 

Welp  y'all that's all I have for today! hope you have an amazing rest of the week.

Xoxo,
Sherley
"Some infinities are bigger then other infinities..."-John Green

Lets be friends!
 Twitter
♡ Luvocracy
♡ Tumblr

No comments: